Monday, January 9, 2017

Carole D's Clues 6 and 7

I always find these blocks challenging, and they aren't my favorite to do, but with the help of one of my cats, Lizzy, they seem to have turned out pretty well.


Clue 6



Clue 7

I've started putting the parts together. Here is my first block.



In this next photo, I have one hour glass unit reversed in the top left block, but I have since fixed it.  This is four of the main blocks with sashing strips sewn on the top and the left.



Today, still snowed in, I'm attempting to complete more blocks and am getting much more help than I need!  I'm using my sashing units as leaders and enders while making the larger blocks.  Now, if I can convince my helpers that I don't need THIS much help, maybe I can get more done.



Piecing progress as of January 15, 2017 -
The top is finished.  I have ordered quilting thread and batting.
While waiting on those items to arrive I will make a label and prepare the binding.





3 comments:

  1. I love the photo of your little helper peeking from behind the machine! 8)
    Your colors are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw! Love your helpers. Your blocks are turning out nicely.

    ReplyDelete